[Events] Longplayer 2003/12/31 & 2003/01/08

Paul Makepeace Paul.Makepeace at realprogrammers.com
Tue Dec 30 17:05:19 GMT 2003

Hi folks,

Somewhat last minute.. an invitation to a lighthouse(!) in London, where
an usual art project is taking place. The Longplayer creation is a 1,000yr-
long piece of music conceived by Jem Finer http://elrino.co.uk/ in the
early nineties and playing since '99. So this is its four year
anniversary.

You can hear the ambient mellow musical mixture of Mac and Tibetan
Chimes by streaming or downloading,
http://longplayer.org/lp_new_site/new_listening_posts/mp3/Longplayer_3.mp3

The "open (light)house" event tomorrow is in E14. I'll be heading down
around midday for an hour or so. Directions:
http://longplayer.org/lp_new_site/new_listening_posts/tbw.html

(There's also a show at the ICA in early Jan., see below)

Happy New Year! Paul (07814 728381)

----- Forwarded message from Jem Finer <jemfiner -at- blueyonder.co.uk> -----

Hello !

In case you're interested :

31st December midday / noon at the Lighthouse, Trinity Buoy Wharf,
Orchard Place, London E14 :

Longplayer will have been playing for 4 years  . . . the lighthouse
will be open from 11.30 am for a few hours . . . it would be lovely to
see you !

8th January 2004

ICA, The Mall, London

Jem Finer & Andrew Kotting  performing :

live soundtrack to 2 screen projection of outakes from Andrews film
"Gallivant"

The evening runs from 8pm  - 1am.

I asked the ICA when we're on but of course they couldn't tell me. It
would appear that there are

DJ's afterwards and something else before - possibly. Very hard to get
info from them !

It's ?8.00.

Happy Christmas and 2004

Jem x

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Paul Makepeace ................................  http://paulm.com/ecademy

"What is black Monday? The ultimate sacrifice."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/