US exit, NZ entry ... ?
Goodbye United States, Hello New Zealand (maybe)
Well, in the absence of having time to write more, the basic upshot is
- Leaving Monterey, California Monday Feb 11 2002 10am. check
- "Exit Strategy" party Tuesday Feb 12, evening onwards at
the Abstrakt-Zone check: [pics]
- British Airways 284 leaves San Francisco, hopefully with me on it, 4:xx pm Thursday 14. Arrives London Heathrow Friday 10:15am. check
- Much raucous partying in the UK. wow, check, already!
- Leave for New Zealand early March (dependent somewhat on immigration
papers coming through).
-- update Mar 2002: I'm haggling for relocation expenses (now at
US$4,000) which owing to a somewhat obscure reason they won't/can't pay
for a contract employee, so they're waiting to get enough of a project
to justify a permanent position. So, I'm in the UK looking for contract work.
- Work there for at least a half year, and see how that goes.
-- update May 2002: Still here! Read about why I'm not in NZ yet.
I have a cell phone while I'm in the UK: +44 7814 728381 (that's
07814 RAVE-81 :-). Other up-to-date details are on my contact